Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's time to play some Halo


To celebrate the end of finals and a challenging semester, I will be hosting an online Halo multi-player game and am inviting anyone and everyone to come and play. You don't even have to own the game. The Halo demo version has a multi-player game that can connect people online. Just download the demo here (it's about 130 MB so be prepared) and install it. Once you have the game open go into the multi-player menu and choose "Internet" under the "Join a Game" category. From there a list of games will appear. My game will appropriately be named "manblog" and the password to join will be "jason." Right now I'm planning on hosting the game at 7:30pm on Wednesday, but if a better time works for those who want to play, we can change it. Post a comment here if you plan on playing and if a better time would work and I'll coordinate it.

Get used to the controls by playing the demo level and then jump into a multi-player game and have some fun. Then come on Wednesday and see if you can beat me! You probably can but I'm sure there will be a couple of challenging people. Happy end of the semester!!

6 comments:

Chris said...

Hey, I'm totally down. That's right during Bishopric. . . Maybe later that night . . .
--Chris Welsh

Steve said...

I am so down for this. Love the blog by the way, I feel very, ahem, manly when i read it. (who woulda thunk?)

Are the people with laptops meeting up at someone's house? lemme know if you want to come to my pad and I can ask the Mrs.

neil said...

I'm bummed that I missed this. I would have loved mopping the floor with you. :)

I think my Halo skills have atrophied from lack of use. I've been honing my Starcraft muscles though. Let me know if anyone wants to play. I'm pretty easy to beat.

neil said...

Woot for not missing Halo! I'm so up for this.

Steve said...

Tyler and I couldn't connect at all. We tried a bunch of ways, and I even reinstalled halo.
We could play on other servers just not yours.

I am sorry I missed it.

Steve

Gordon Mancuso said...

That's too bad. I couldn't connect at first either. But it ended up working eventually. Next time we should all come to the physics building and play on the network here (my internet at home wasn't working). I was able to crank all the settings up as high as they'd go (with 1600x1200 res), and it didn't even phase the machines. Much better than my three year old budget box at home.